Application slower outside of visual studio. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi *,

I'm currently working on a little WPF application in C# with .net40 and i've got a little problem.

When i run my application from visual studio, everything is Ok. But when i start the same assembly from the explorer, application is really slow !

I've firstly think about processor affinity who is, i think, inherited from the parent process. But i've found nothing special on the visual studio parent process.

Do you have an idea ?

(I don't really want to ask the user to start his application from visual studio... and buy visual studio before using my app'... :) )

Thank's in advance.
    Emmanuel.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you for visiting the MSDN forum. Based on your description, I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum, since this forum is to discuss The Visual Studio Debugger tool. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum. Thanks for your understanding.

In addition, if you are using the Process Explorer tool, you could post this issue http://forum.sysinternals.com/process-explorer_forum2.html for dedicated support.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:31 AM
  • Turn visual studio hosting process off in debug options and try again.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP

Thursday, May 24, 2012 2:08 PM
  • Once disabled, no change.

The application is still faster within visual studio than oustide of visual studio.

Best Regards
    Emmanuel.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 2:36 PM
  • You can try another VS category.

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, May 28, 2012 5:05 PM