OCS 2007 R2 - Phone Edition - Error: "your account is not configured to use this service" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've got an OCS 2007 r2 running with Enterprise Voice (integrated with Nortel).
    I'm trying to use a Polycom CX700 but, after login (this works fine because it show that auth is completed) it shows an error message: "your account is not configured to use this service".

Beside, communicator is woking fine. I don't have implemented Exchange UM.
    And, of course, the user looks like it is well configured, with URI line...

By the way, it was working before I update the phone to version 3.5.6907.9 (1.23)...

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I couldn't find lot of info about this...

Thanks,
    Steve
    Monday, May 18, 2009 2:09 PM

Answers

• I have the same issue here with the LG Nortel 8540.    (Just updated the firmware, the old firmware would not log in at all)

It seems to have come down to whether "PBX integration" is checked or unchecked.
    If PBX integration is "checked", then it says:

Your account is not configured to use this service.  Please contact your system administrator

When I uncheck it - then I can log into the phone just fine.  (Logging in via USB cable had the same results)

----

I NEED to have PBX integration checked, since we are using dual-forking.   If we use the CX200 phones, this is not an issue.

Cheers.

- Steve Hahn

Steve Hahn
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 2:04 PM

All replies

• Looks like the phone does not recognize that the user is configured with Enterprise Voice
    Quite strange that it worked on a previous build thow...

What is the actual value that you have configured for the user in the Line URI?
    Can you roll back the Phone Update?
    - Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Monday, May 18, 2009 3:57 PM
  • Really strange, indeed...
    I've reset my user Line URI and SIP configuration and, now, it's working...

Thanks anyway for the quick answer ;-)
    Steve
    Monday, May 18, 2009 4:45 PM
  • I have the same issue here with the LG Nortel 8540.    (Just updated the firmware, the old firmware would not log in at all)

It seems to have come down to whether "PBX integration" is checked or unchecked.
    If PBX integration is "checked", then it says:

Your account is not configured to use this service.  Please contact your system administrator

When I uncheck it - then I can log into the phone just fine.  (Logging in via USB cable had the same results)

----

I NEED to have PBX integration checked, since we are using dual-forking.   If we use the CX200 phones, this is not an issue.

Cheers.

- Steve Hahn

Steve Hahn
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 2:04 PM
  • I will try to escalate this!
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 10:10 PM
  • Hi

Communicator Phone Edition is a native enterprise voice endpoint. PBX integration and Nortel integration are intended for non-OCS phones (PSTN or IP-phones) so Communicator Phone Edition only supports the enterprise voice scenario, where the phone number is owned by OCS.

Thanks
    Anton
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 10:55 PM
  • Thanks Anton,

So you are saying this is intended behaviour if PBX integration is checked?
    And phone number must be owned by OCS only!

Johan
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 11:08 PM
  • Dual-forking is a feature of the Nortel PBX integration.

This allows me to use any endpoint I want - a Nortel phone going through the PBX or an OCS endpoint - or both.

On the PBX :

DN - TN  (TLSV)            => Goes to OCS
           TN  (MARP / 2004i) => routes to Nortel phone

In fact, this costs quite a bit of money (TLSV licenses and multiple TN's for a single DN).   This is what allows both phones to ring at once.

For example, telecommuters may never have an OCS phone on campus...dual-forking lets them use OCS at home without having to "fork" over the cash for OCS phones in-house.

> Communicator Phone Edition is a native enterprise voice endpoint.

Our snom phones work just fine with this configuration. 

Are you saying that the snom phones are not native enterprise voice endpoints because they can log in?  
    Or are you saying that soft phones are not native enterprise voice endpoints?
    Or are you saying "dual-forking" is not supported with the pricey CX-700 / 8540 phones we just bought?

It sounds like to me it is just a bug in the firmware.   ;-)

Cheers.

- Steve Hahn

Steve Hahn
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 11:39 AM
  • Hi Guys

We are encoutering same problem; did anyone was able to solve this problem?

Thanks
    Friday, September 25, 2009 6:58 AM
  • The only other solution I've seen is by going back to the old 101 / 103 version of the firmware. 

So out of the box - it works.  As soon as you update the Firmware - it doesn't until you uncheck the PBX integration checkbox.

Cheers.

Steve Hahn
    Friday, September 25, 2009 12:51 PM