Unable to Uncheck the box for 'Filter by Related Company Name'? RRS feed

• Question

• When I'm creating a case and I enter the Account then I enter the the contact and click 'lookup more records' I get to the look-up window. I am unable to uncheck the filter by related company name. However, if I do NOT add the account and I try to do a look up I don't even see the 'filter by related company name'. I've been told that this is a check box that cannot uncheck but that seems ridiculous. Why even display it on the look up if you can't uncheck it? Is this a setting with my administrator/company or am I doing something wrong?
    Monday, December 22, 2014 9:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It is working same for me too and I feel this is fine only since I select the account first, it always shows the related contacts in the lookup view which is true and to indicate the same its shown as a checked and read only option in the dialog.

Is there any reason why do you want to have uncheck option in the dialog?

Regards,

Rekha. J

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 6:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It is working same for me too and I feel this is fine only since I select the account first, it always shows the related contacts in the lookup view which is true and to indicate the same its shown as a checked and read only option in the dialog.

Is there any reason why do you want to have uncheck option in the dialog?

Regards,

Rekha. J

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 6:09 AM
  • Hi Rekha

Whenever I create a case I want to add the proper contact. The Account is selected in the first windows (track window), but all contacts are created without any Account. So first i have have to search for the contact, add the proper Account, then I can find it in the lookup window from a case. Thats why i always want to Uncheck the box for 'Filter by Related Company Name.

Best regards Håkan

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 10:07 AM
  • Customise the Case entity form.

Modify the Contact lookup field on the form and change the setting under the filtering to "Allow users to turn off filter".

Save, publish, done.

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    UK CRM Guru Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 1:24 PM
  • Hi all,

I have a same issue  : cannot uncheck on contact lookup (case form and quick create since update on CRM2015).

Some contact does not have to be linked to the account (witch is the customer of the case), but need to be set on the case.

"Allow users to turn off filter" is already checked and greyed out.

Anyone resolved this ?

EDIT/Workaround : We can hide this field (red lock : "The field you are trying to remove is requiered by the system") and then create a new one. But before, it would be interesting to know why it has been created with these limitations (required/red lock  and limited to contacts of the account).

Regards,

NP

• Edited by DomJal Tuesday, February 10, 2015 4:50 PM workaround
    Tuesday, February 10, 2015 4:19 PM
  • I have the same issue on the Case form for Requestor, you can't uncheck 'Filter by related account name' on the lookup field?

Is there a way to get around this, as the Case requestor might be someone who doesn't belong to the customer for the case?

Friday, May 8, 2015 3:57 PM