Workflow Trigger on add Task from Social Pane RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to trigger a real time workflow when someone creates a task.  I add the workflow, and update the regarding(opportunity) however when i create a task activity from the social pane of an activity record i get the business process error Cannot Find Record to update.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Please mark as answer if this helps.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:26 AM

All replies

• Can you post the steps of your workflow?

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 2:07 PM
  • ScreenshotS attached.  This is dynamics 2013 online.  When i create the task using the social pane from the opportunity record i get the error that this workflow failed.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:34 PM
  • I could reproduce this error at my end. Observed that this error occurs in real-time workflow only when triggered on record create not on field change. Though we define the workflow steps to occur "After" record is created, it appears to run in the same transaction. Notice that the task is not created when the workflow fails.  This implies that the complete transaction (task create + workflow steps) was rolled back.

I deduce that since CRM is processing the real-time workflow at the same time as the create event (task not yet created), it is unable to find a related record of a non-existent task. I guess updating the related opportunity in the traditional way (plugin) is one way out of this.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Wednesday, February 12, 2014 12:27 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Rob26 Wednesday, February 12, 2014 12:59 AM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 12:26 AM
  • Thanks Mamatha, but I am trying to understand 'why' this occurs as it seems to be a bug in the way that the social pane is implemented

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 1:00 AM