Back up RRS feed

• Question

• I keep ryting to back up my files as I have been all the time, and all of a sudden the last few days, I can not back them up
    Saturday, January 19, 2008 1:07 AM

Answers

•  Chris2008 wrote:

I have a similar problem.

Ever since I upgraded to v2.0, I haven't been able to complete one back-up.  I tried through manual backup and through the automatic back-up and they both fail.  I had to kill the latest attempt after 24 hours of the process running and the CPU at 100%. 

Upon reconfiguring Live Onecare, I had to convert my hard disk to NTFS, I checked that I could copy/delete data on that and it worked fine.  I reformatted my HDD (NTFS), and changed my settings so it would use it as a new device.  the software created the DO_NOT_DELETE.mediaID file.

I'm running XP SP2 I'm backing up to an external disk, running Live OneCare v 2.0.2500.14. 

Help please!

Chris

Chris, please contact support for help with this problem - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 6:38 PM

All replies

• Can you provide more details? What error are you getting? What is your backup destination? CD/DVD, External disk or network location? What operating system?

-steve

Saturday, January 19, 2008 3:24 AM
  • I have a similar problem.

Ever since I upgraded to v2.0, I haven't been able to complete one back-up.  I tried through manual backup and through the automatic back-up and they both fail.  I had to kill the latest attempt after 24 hours of the process running and the CPU at 100%. 

Upon reconfiguring Live Onecare, I had to convert my hard disk to NTFS, I checked that I could copy/delete data on that and it worked fine.  I reformatted my HDD (NTFS), and changed my settings so it would use it as a new device.  the software created the DO_NOT_DELETE.mediaID file.

I'm running XP SP2 I'm backing up to an external disk, running Live OneCare v 2.0.2500.14. 

Help please!

Chris

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 2:57 AM
  •  Chris2008 wrote:

I have a similar problem.

Help please!

Chris

Chris, please contact support for help with this problem - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 6:38 PM