Why does OneCare not start first? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I sometimes get warnings on startup that the Firewall is off or no anti-virus is running, but as I leave things to settle down this self corrects when OneCare starts.

Why does'nt OneCare start first? Then I woiuld have full protection if any of my start-up files have been corrupted, contain a virus, or include malware of any kind.

Martin

Thursday, December 27, 2007 8:55 AM

Answers

•  MFQ wrote:

I sometimes get warnings on startup that the Firewall is off or no anti-virus is running, but as I leave things to settle down this self corrects when OneCare starts.

Why does'nt OneCare start first? Then I woiuld have full protection if any of my start-up files have been corrupted, contain a virus, or include malware of any kind.

Martin

I've asked this very thing durring beta testing

The short answer is one care services are starting up first it's the monitoring service that starts up late it reports to the security center so if it starts late security center false alerts till the monitoring/report service of one care starts. that's why it's a good Idea to keep those apps and programs that use the task bar to a minimum I do I don't see the issue much unless windows is really fragged up. then I might

if a program/app has a way to turn off the taskbar icon or monitoring I turn it off or disable it helps speed things up.

Thursday, December 27, 2007 1:21 PM