Appointments in Outlook not showing up in CRM activities? RRS feed

• Question

• The appointments I make in Outlook aren´t showing up in my CRM activities (the appointments I make in CRM do show up in Outlook calendar - so it´s only syncing one way)?

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 8:02 PM

All replies

• Assuming that you are connected to CRM using outlook client:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Open the appointment from calender in your outlook. click on Track/Track in CRM depending on the CRM version you are using. This will create an Appointment activity in CRM. but will not link the appointment to a particular CRM record.

To link this appointment to a particular CRM record (e.g. contact, account, case..etc..) click on Set Regarding and select more. Search for the record in look up dialog box, select and add.

refer to link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/dynamics/crm-customer-center/track-outlook-appointments-in-crm-for-outlook.aspx

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 4:55 AM
  • Thanks for the reply!

Is there no way that Outlook synchronizes appointments with CRM by scanning the client´s e-mail. Do I always have to hit TRACK or SET REGARDING for CRM to pickup the appointment? 

I was hoping this process would be automatic like with the incoming and outgoing e-mails.  They always show up in activities automatically.

Thanks,

Gylfi Aron

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 6:24 PM