Nuisance calls from Microsoft RRS feed

• Question

• I have a serious complaint regarding constant telephone calls claiming to come from Microsoft, stating that my computer is in danger of crashing due to thousands of errors on my PC.  The latest being from an Asian sounding man calling himself David Smith, identity number 00D5 of Microsoft.  No amount of being polite, being impolite or just shouting at these callers seems to put them off.  However, on Monday, 14th May I gave in, I opened my computer and gave permission for the caller (claiming to be from Microsoft) to correct these apparent errors and I paid the fee requested of £55.77 (receipt No. 0292-6472-3984-1989 through MIG Sparkle IT Pvt Ltd @paypal).  The caller spent about an hour making corrections to my PC and it has improved in speed.

When I explained this to the caller today, he claimed that he was the only genuine caller from Microsoft and that other companies use Microsoft's name just to gain customer confidence.  This caller's telephone number was: 08176499068.

Would this be true, please and if so have I lost yet more money and is my PC still in danger of crashing?

Saturday, May 19, 2012 2:41 PM

Answers