none
ASP.NET Website Publish Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit machine. I use Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate. I want to upload a simple ASP.NET project (without SQLServer Database) to a public Web Hosting Server, GoDaddy. What should I write in the "web.config" file for this web hosting and How can I publish my project? Please help.
    Thursday, February 8, 2018 5:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Please have a look at the following links:

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/how-to-host-your-Asp-Net-mvc-website-on-godaddy-server/

https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/26393996/Deploying-asp-net-website-to-godaddy.html

This forum is to talk about visual studio IDE. If you still have problems about it, i recommend you go to Microsoft asp.net forum to get more support about it.

Best regards,

Joyce

Note:
    This response contains a reference to a third-party World Wide Web site.
    Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft
    does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information
    found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations
    regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information
    found there.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 8, 2018 9:16 AM
  • Hi Aniruddha,

Here are steps to publish your ASP.NET application:

1. Please open your project with Visual Studio tool
    2. On the Solution Explorer windows (which is normally located on the top right hand corner of the VS tool), right click your project and select Publish
    3. Please kindly publish it to a local folder, such as C:\Project

4. Please just upload whatever files/folders you see on C:\Project to the server via FTP and your site will work fine

If you have any problems, you can contact their support team or ask it on forums.asp.net

Friday, February 9, 2018 4:35 AM