No more updates? RRS feed

• Question

• It's finally happened? No more quote updates?

Says it updates but quotes aren't accurate or don't change

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 4:28 PM

All replies

• appears to be so, i have the same issue with money 2007.
    Thursday, July 4, 2013 7:08 AM
  • I am desperate to find a solution to this, as I have until this week been using MS Money to track a couple of stock portfolios. I have seen similar "breaks in service" before on two occasions, which despite fears for the worst have eventually resolved themselves and stock prices start to update again.

Does anyone know whether the current issue is permanent or temporary?

After spending a long time searching for solutions or work arounds, I found this thread http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d8dc8c86-a250-4344-9f78-faa8a0b078ec/online-quotes on here,

I'm curious to know if anyone has tried this?

I am a bit reluctant to try this for fear of doing any permanent damage to the programs functionality

Thursday, July 4, 2013 8:25 AM
  • I too depend on Money updates & it will be a major problem if this cannot be resolved.

The last break in service was rectified after some days, I am hoping it will be again, so I will wait for a day or two before trying that thread you found.

Thursday, July 4, 2013 9:41 AM
  • I performed this update to the QuoteServerURL in Registry Editor a few weeks ago (am using Money 2001) and it resolved my problem with updates at that time, however my updates stopped working again 3 days ago and I can't find any more solutions - am desperate to find something tho as I depend on this.

Pedro

Thursday, July 4, 2013 10:21 AM
  • I performed this update to the QuoteServerURL in Registry Editor a few weeks ago (am using Money 2001) and it resolved my problem with updates at that time, however my updates stopped working again 3 days ago and I can't find any more solutions - am desperate to find something tho as I depend on this.

Pedro

Based on this information Pedro, I will leave alone as it seems to indicate that it wouldn't benefit me!

I am using Money 2005 UK, it appears that it is still able to download information but that the info it is downloading is not being updated.

I really hope it sorts itself out soon!

Thursday, July 4, 2013 10:42 AM
  • I too have been using the regedit since 9/14/12 to get my quotes (Money 99 in the US on win7) http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d8dc8c86-a250-4344-9f78-faa8a0b078ec/online-quotes#d1b5b0f2-324d-4bd0-9771-107396c61730  Quotes stopped working several days ago...  Like the rest of you, I am desperate and depend on these quotes.  I checked my registry and nothing has changed.
    Sunday, July 7, 2013 1:17 PM
  • In the same boat as the rest of you. Using Money 2005 Version 14.0.125.1105 and was working fine until the end of June. Did a manual entry last night for each of my stocks and funds, but that is not a practical solution. Hope someone (Microsoft) comes up with a viable solution soon.
    Sunday, July 7, 2013 1:24 PM
  • In the same boat as the rest of you. Using Money 2005 Version 14.0.125.1105 and was working fine until the end of June. Did a manual entry last night for each of my stocks and funds, but that is not a practical solution. Hope someone (Microsoft) comes up with a viable solution soon.
    Why do you think they would?  Given the fact that in the US they only provided Quotes in Money Plus for two years after purchase (which means for most no quotes after 2011 or so).  Older versions did get quotes but one would expect that it would stop some time.  Why don't you use Pocketsense or hleofxquotes.  I assume that some of the servers (Yahoo, Bloomberg, Google, etc.) handle quotes from international exchanges.
    Sunday, July 7, 2013 6:31 PM
  • It's very easy to update stock and mutual fund quotes in Microsoft Money using hleofxquotes Google hleofxquotes to find the website (it's a Google website)

Read the instruction on the main page. There is a link for first time users that also has additional information and instructions  Once you download the jar file, click on the jar file, enter the symbols under Yahoo, and click update. Once  hleofxquotes updates the most current prices, than click the bottom right Save  OFX. Now you are ready to import the OFX file into Microsoft Money (I'm using Money 2007). The following was copied and pasted from the First Timer page:

"The tool mimics a statement from brokerage using zero share count. This means you need a Dummy account in MM to stores the imported information. MM will prompt if you want to create one the first time you import the generated OFX.

Once you create an account (I created one called Investment Quotes in the Investment Accounts section) your Money investment accounts will update with the new prices.

• Edited by johngilford Sunday, July 7, 2013 10:21 PM to bold key words
    Sunday, July 7, 2013 10:19 PM
  • I have almost the same problem (Money v14, UK edition), but I still have some prices coming in today.  Specifically, all fund prices are updating but stock and index prices are not.  Oddly, if I open Investment Details and click on "Find Symbol" on anything in my Portfolio, I get to an MSN page that actually has the right prices on (then it's a chore to copy/paste them across)

Last update to everything happened on 2013-07-01.   Hoep this gets fixed!  Anyone from MS reading this?  Please? 

By the way, I checked fund updates are still actually running today (2013-07-08).  I have a fund (GB:GB0000495209) that had a online price update 2013-07-05.  I used Update Manually to delete that price, then clicked on Online Updates button (the two arrows in a circle in the menu bar on my Money version).  Lo!  And behold!  The price for 2013-07-05 came back again.  So some of it is (still) working. 
    • Edited by Empty Boxes Monday, July 8, 2013 2:41 PM Goodish news
    Monday, July 8, 2013 1:54 PM