IP? RRS feed

• Question

• So I wanted to prank some people by finding their ip from a computer  website. As an example omeagle.com. I would find their IP and scare them by telling where they live. I've seen this in a Youtube video and he said it was very legal and that the IP was sent to his computer. So what I'm asking is where can you find the IP that is sent to your computer when you're connected to another person's computer.
    Thursday, May 21, 2015 12:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Refleckz,

Based on the description in your query and what you are trying to achieve, the individual or organisation at the receiving end of the prank could raise a case of harassment or threatening behaviour, even if the intentions were a harmless joke. I'm not a legal expert so I'm not going to quote legalities in this post however I don't feel the community here needs to be a part of something which could have a negative impact on somebody else.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as helpful if they help, or as answers if they answer your question. Please also unmark the answers if they provide no help.

Zach Roberts
    Independent Microsoft Community Support Advisor
    Disclaimer: I don't work for Microsoft. Any advice given is my own and does not represent Microsoft.

Follow me on Twitter: @WindowsZach

Thursday, May 21, 2015 10:42 AM