none
need help RRS feed

• Question

• I formated a harddrive clean. form a dell reinstallation cd to a gateway pc. I'am on line and using it.  I 've up graded it to sp2 but i can't get it activated In,I have the product key to the cd. iam builing form spare parts.
    Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:03 AM

Answers

• Anonymous,

Dell OEM licenses are valid ONLY on Dell computers and are invalid on any other computer.

Your best option is to acquire the correct Recovery/Reinstallation CD for the exact model of Gateway computer you have and use that to install XP on the Gateway.

Most major manufacturers will send you their Recovery/Reinstallation CDs if they have them in stock for a relatively modest fee to cover costs and shipping.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 6:13 PM
  • Anonymous,

Please contact Gateway Computers thru their website @ http://www.gateway.com/about/contactus/index.php.  The Technical Support number is 800-369-1409. Explain your situation and establish a service request (SR) for Reinstallation Recovery Software CDs.  The CS agent should be able to assist with your request and/or questions.

Thank you

Stephen Holm

OGA and WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, May 24, 2007 11:23 PM

All replies

• Anonymous,

Dell OEM licenses are valid ONLY on Dell computers and are invalid on any other computer.

Your best option is to acquire the correct Recovery/Reinstallation CD for the exact model of Gateway computer you have and use that to install XP on the Gateway.

Most major manufacturers will send you their Recovery/Reinstallation CDs if they have them in stock for a relatively modest fee to cover costs and shipping.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 6:13 PM
  • Anonymous,

Please contact Gateway Computers thru their website @ http://www.gateway.com/about/contactus/index.php.  The Technical Support number is 800-369-1409. Explain your situation and establish a service request (SR) for Reinstallation Recovery Software CDs.  The CS agent should be able to assist with your request and/or questions.

Thank you

Stephen Holm

OGA and WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, May 24, 2007 11:23 PM