MS Money and ISIN codes RRS feed

• General discussion

• most of my stocks and funds update daily automatically but a niggling few won't respond. I've re-entered and checked the ISIN codes but the error seems utterly random. Is there some guide for idiots like me to make sure I'm not doing something unsystematic in setting up funds within accounts. Am using Money 2005
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:21 AM

All replies

• Other threads indicate that online price updates stopped working on July 1st 2013, due to Microsoft

finally turning off the quote servers.

Some years ago, when I still used online quotes, I did run into some problems with the ISIN

codes when I didn't use the check digit. Do all the funds that are affected either have or not

have the check digit. If so, then the presence (or lack of it) could be the common factor. 

Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:44 PM
  • Most of my stock prices update several times per day..

What is the check digit? For example

GB0033028779 an Invesco product)  works well but GB00B3X5X818 (a Jupiter product) doesn't. I don't believe its the codes..More the way I'm entering them

Thursday, July 25, 2013 2:10 PM
  • Both of those ISIN's shown have the check digit.

In the UK, the ISIN is comprised of a two byte country code, the SEDOL code (with two zeroes appended on the left) and a check digit.

So, for your Invesco fund you have GB, the SEDOL code is actually 3302877 (made into 003302877) and then a check digit of 9.

I assume you've tried all the normal tricks like clearing the field, restarting Money and then entering it again, perhaps trying it

without the check digit etc.

Friday, July 26, 2013 8:19 AM
  • AshleyST thanks for responses

Am still (26th July) getting quotes on 90% of my stocks all entered with the full ISIN. Have tried your suggestions but nothing seems to work. I wonder if its possible that stocks already in there on 1st July will carry on updating but you can't register stuff later than that date.  One stock where I manually over-rode an on-line price for a sensitivity check does seem to have stopped on 1st July.

Sunday, July 28, 2013 1:25 PM
  • AshleyST thanks for responses

Am still (26th July) getting quotes on 90% of my stocks all entered with the full ISIN. Have tried your suggestions but nothing seems to work. I wonder if its possible that stocks already in there on 1st July will carry on updating but you can't register stuff later than that date.  One stock where I manually over-rode an on-line price for a sensitivity check does seem to have stopped on 1st July.

Sunday, July 28, 2013 1:26 PM
  • From what I can tell in other threads, certainly "something" changed on July 1st regarding the quotes servers.

Many people now don't get any or only funds but not share prices.

Personally, I gave up with online quotes when Microsoft first announced they were dropping support for Money.

I now just update my prices (including pension holdings) once a week manually. This is sufficient for my needs.

Monday, July 29, 2013 7:51 AM
  • Looks like I shall have to do the same. I may look at alternative software (Moneytree) for stocks and funds only.

Thanks for your help.

Monday, July 29, 2013 8:01 AM
  • have you tried the last one Microsoft put out.

its free, you can google it.

money plus sunset home and business

backup your date and install this one, I don't do stocks so I am unsure but it works great with win 8.1

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 7:30 PM
  • mastersdk.thanks.

the older version is still functioning ok except microsoft seem to have switched off the stock price updating which was my main point of use. So no point in messing with sunset edition. If there was ever a way of updating stockprices I'd invest the effort but otherwise I'm muddling along with manual inputs. Could really do with a change of software altogether and archive the Money files

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 8:19 AM