Unable to Self-Assign Team Tasks in PWA 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• We created a work resource named "MDT" that has the "team assignment pool" checked and look-up table assigned. ( I didn't check the "generic" checkbox for this work resource, because I didn't know if it mattered) We assigned several individuals to this "MDT" work resource and they also had the "team assignment pool" checked and look-up table assigned. These individual team members were able to "self-assign" tasks assigned to this "MDT" work resource in PWA 2007.

Since we upgraded to PWA 2010 six months ago, these same team members can't self-assign the tasks. It doesn't give an error, they're just not showing up in "My Tasks." I did some googling and when I add the individual resource ID's for the team members to the resource sheet and publish, then the resources are able to self-assign the team task assignments. Is this the way it HAS to work? I liked the way it was working in 2007 and its causing a huge headache. Can anyone answer on how its supposed to work or what I can do to get it to work so the resource sheet doesn't have to have the individual resources listed?

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 10:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

please do not set Team Assignment Pool to Yes for team members. To assign them to a team, you need to fill field Team Name for all members of a team to the same value, including MDT as Team Assignment Pool as representative for this team. Since you migrated from 2007, I assume Lookup table Team Name does already exist and is associated to field Team Name.

If above is done, team members can assign themselves to team tasks on Task page. They need to click on Insert Row - Insert Team Tasks and select from existing tasks.

Not sure about your patch level, since you just migrated. If you are using RTM or a patch level before CU June 2012, all team members need to be added to project team to be able to assign themselves to team tasks. So hopefully, you are on a current level.

Please ask, if anything is not clear in my description.

See also http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/project-server-help/assign-work-to-a-team-HA010242141.aspx resp http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/project-server-help/assign-work-to-a-team-HA010242141.aspx#BMassignteam, since step 1 and 2 should not be necessary in your case.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 10:42 AM