Conferencing functionality requires a MTLS certificate Error Code: C3EE790B Event: 12321 RRS feed

• Question

• We have two servers up and running DB BE= CTNHOCDB-T pool OCSTestPool.ocs.tkn.tst and the FE = CTNHOCS-T. However the RTCSRV service failed to start. We only installed the Front End component on CTNHOCS-T. We did not install Web Conferencing, A/V and the Web Components on this server or any server. We only want to test migration from LCS 2005 SP1 to OCS 2007 for now. The error specifies "Conferencing functionality requires a MTLS certificate to be configured for the server" Error Code: C3EE790B Event: 12321 followed by Event: 30710. Event 14492 said the following servers were detected at startup:

1. CTNHLC-T.ocs.tkn.tst role Enterprise Edition = LCS 2005 SP1 server 2. OCSTestPool.ocs.tkn.tst role Enterprise Edition = OCS 2007 EE DB BE server 3. CTNHOCS-T.ocs.tkn.tst role Enterprise Edition = OCS 2007 EE FE server 4. CTNHOCS-T.ocs.tkn.tst role Conferencing Server : Chat = OCS 2007 EE FE server 5. CTNHOCS-T.ocs.tkn.tst role Conferencing Server:telephony = OCS 2007 EE FE server

Couple of questions:

1. Do I have to install Web Components and Web Conferencing on this server or another server to do just IM?

2. Does the Web Components and Web Conferencing components have to be installed if you are going to be supporting Desktop sharing or whenever users include more than 2 people in an IM session?

3. Are Web Conferencing and IM Conferencing 2 diferent things? I was assuming they are and that you can do IM conferencing without installing Web Conferencing and the Web Components.

3. Or do I just need to create an MTLS certificate on the server?

Friday, May 11, 2007 1:54 PM

Answers

• Ralph,

The Web Conferencing server is another name for what we call the Data MCU. This server provides several functions. First, it is needed when an IM session includes three or more people. Also, OCS 2007 does not allow you to do desktop sharing from the IM window. However, you can escalate an IM session to a web conferencing session which does allow you to do desktop sharing. Web conferencing and IM conferencing are 2 different things but they both run on the Web Conferencing Server.

I hope this information helps.

Chad A. Lacy

OCS 2007 Beta Support

Thursday, May 24, 2007 7:56 PM