Field Permissions Prevent changing after opportunity is created. RRS feed

• Question

• When creating an opportunity I would like to have a form field dropdown that is only allowed to be edited when initially created.  Afterwards it should be visible but not able to be changed.   I am just getting into CRM and while I thought this would be simple i can't seem to figure it out.

CRM 2013 CU1, On-Premise

Thanks

Sys Admin - MCSE

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You could turn on field security on your new field (customize your form > highlight your field > change properties > click the 'details' tab, then press 'Edit') then add a field security profile (Settings > Administration > Field Security Profiles) which is set to 'Create = Yes, Read = Yes, update = No'. Add the field security profile to your users, and add your new field to your opportunity form and you should be OK.

Rob

MCTS. GAP Consulting Ltd. Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 & 2013

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:38 PM
    Answerer
  • Still not working correctly... this is how it displays in the form for the end user during creation and if they reopen the opportunity.  What did i do wrong?

Screenshot of the Field Security Profile

Sys Admin - MCSE

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:47 PM
  • Additional screenshot of the field

Sys Admin - MCSE

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:47 PM
  • Hi,

Did you add your end users to the security profile? Your screenshot is how I would expect a user to see the field who has no field level security profile assigned.

Rob

MCTS. GAP Consulting Ltd. Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 & 2013

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 9:03 PM
    Answerer
  • call this java script on load of form

function UneditableFields() {
        var CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE = 1;

if (Xrm.Page.ui.getFormType() != CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE) {
            Xrm.Page.getControl("new_commissionoption").setDisabled(true);

}

}

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Thursday, January 30, 2014 3:44 AM