my home server crash RRS feed

• Question

• 2 days ago, due to a lack of the electricity, my home server is no longer divided.
    Remains the windows screen with the line that runs from left to right.
    I left the PC for 5 hours in the hope of automatically restart . Nothing!.
    I tried to reinstall the home server, but at the time and time again to ask the keyboard all over again.
    My server has 8TB of data that do not want to miss.
    What can I do?

thank you for the help.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 2:08 PM

All replies

• It's possible that you have a hardware problem; power failures include surges either as the power fails, or as the power distribution network automatically tries to re-energize a line that's compromised. So that's something worth looking into.

As for data, there's a post in the FAQ setcion that describes how to manually recover files from your server if recovery isn't offered, assuming you have Windows Home Server V1 installed. If you have Windows home Server 2011, you should be able to use the recovery features built into the product to do a "bare metal" recovery of your server if you've done regular backups.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 2:34 PM
  • thanks,

when i try server reinstallation for saving backups and shared folder, i can see a page with blank keybord selection and a blank time selection.

When i push next button, my server show a green screen for a few seconds and re begin with the first start.
    What's the problem? why i can't reinstall server ???

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:24 PM
  • Lack of a network connection will cause setup to fail, so:

• Is your server connected to your network?
    • Are the lights on the server's NIC on?
    • Does the switch or router show that your server is connected when it's turned on?

And it's still possible that you're having some sort of hardware problem.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:02 PM