Windows 7 Image deactivates itself. RRS feed

• Question

• I built an Image on Windows 7 x64 on ELO B17 hardware.  The image is activate with a Volume activation Key.  The moment I load the image onto another ELO 17B the image deactivates itself and I have to activate it again.  If I load the image back onto the device that I created the image from it stays activated. 

I know that if you have a major hardware change like the motherboard win 7 will deactivate but in this case the hardware stays exactly the same.  I saw that after I load the image back onto a different device, and I start-up the image for the first time there is a  "Elo TouchSystems 2700 IntelliTouch USB" driver are installed.  I suspect that the OS decides that this is a major hardware change and it should deactivate.

Any suggestions from the clever dudes out there would help.

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 1:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please repost your inquiry in the more appropriate Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment Forum.  Thank you!
    Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 2:03 PM
  • Carey,

I have been keeping Darin Smith up to date.  He has not been available due to the holiday weekend.  He replied to my emails today.  Here is some info you can use if any more folks post about the issue (shouldn't be many more now).  Darin asked me to say Thank You from him to you, TB19, and George1009 for helping out.

"Currently, while the core of the issue is not yet fixed, most Affected User should not (or no longer) see any Activation or Validation related issue. For anyone that does still sees an issue, first have them reboot and then try Activating (or Validating) again. If they still see the issue, send them to Microsoft Assisted Support. Support has a workaround for those fringe cases that we (due to privacy) can’t do on the forum."

Colin

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 6:14 PM
    Answerer
  • I just wanted to update this thread.

There appears to have been an issue with the Product key Activation/Validation servers that only effected a subset of Digitally Distributed Product keys.

This issue has been corrected and user that were affected by this should no longer be seeing a Non-Genuine/Key Blocked error.

If you do still see this error please try the following:

1) Reboot and then re-try Activating and/or Validating.

2) If you still see the issue, please contact Microsoft Assisted Support (at one of the below URLs)

North America: http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/cu_sc_genadv_master?ws=support&ws=support#tab4

Outside North America:
    http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support#tab0

Thank you,

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 7, 2011 10:26 PM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 10:26 PM