How to configure Virtual SMTP Server with Powershell RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I am very new to this powershell scripting thing. I have been googling around and couldn't find a solution. I need to configure a couple of things.

1. Change the domain name configure for virtual smtp. It was set to Computer Name by default.

2. Change the outbound security and add a basic auth to it.

Can someone please help me on this.

Regards

Niraj

• Moved by Mike Laughlin Monday, September 12, 2016 7:48 PM From 'Windows PowerShell' - IIS forums are on a separate platform.
    Monday, September 12, 2016 7:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• You would do best by posting in the Exchange forum. 

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, September 12, 2016 7:48 PM
  • Hi,

I was assuming you were talking about IIS configuration. If that's the case I'd ask over here:

http://forums.iis.net/1151.aspx/1?PowerShell

If not, jrv's suggestion of posting in an Exchange forum is better.

• Proposed as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Monday, September 12, 2016 8:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Monday, September 19, 2016 2:48 PM
    Monday, September 12, 2016 7:50 PM
  • SMTP Virtual connectors are services.  The Exchange CmdLets can create and configure them very easily.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, September 12, 2016 7:59 PM
  • Well, I guess we'll know what the OP is talking about once we get a response.

Monday, September 12, 2016 8:00 PM
  • If he means the IIS SMTP minimal service then IIS.Net is the correct place.  The WebAdministration module can configure all IIS services.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, September 12, 2016 8:08 PM
  • Yes i was referring to IIS Virtual SMTP Services.
    Monday, September 12, 2016 8:16 PM
  • Yes i was referring to IIS Virtual SMTP Services.

IIS is SMTP Server.  SMTP Virtual Services are Exchange.  If you don't have Exchange then post in IIS forum as Mike noted.  You cannot run both on the same server.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, September 12, 2016 8:18 PM
  • Can someone tell me where shall this question actually fit in. This is for IIS Virtual SMTP.
    Monday, September 12, 2016 8:19 PM
  • http://forums.iis.net

On WS2012r2 it is not called SMTP Virtual anything.  The product is called SMTP Service.  Under the IIS Manger it calls it with the "virtual" because it is an IIS Virtual directory.

\_(ツ)_/

• Edited by jrv Monday, September 12, 2016 8:25 PM
    Monday, September 12, 2016 8:22 PM
  • Can someone tell me where shall this question actually fit in. This is for IIS Virtual SMTP.

See the link I posted above. That's a direct link to the PowerShell forum on the IIS site.

Monday, September 12, 2016 8:27 PM