none
Forum usabilty, unanswered questions? RRS feed

• Question

• There appear to be a lot of unanswered questions in this forum.

Are the forums moderated and reviewed regularly or will they remain unanswered indefinitely?

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Unanswered is based on a question being marked as answered, usually by the original poster.  If they get their answer but don't mark it as such, it will remain showing as unanswered.
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:30 PM
  • Are you talking about this particular forum (Forum's Issues) or other forums? I know that some users like to open old threads and attempt to resolve them. In my opinion, this is a waste of time. If they were not resolved in the timely manner, then there is little chance the OP will return to that old thread, so the moderator will be basically closing that thread with some resolution which not necessary was a resolution or is not relevant to OP anyway.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:40 PM
  • Grampositive is talking about this forum because of all the forum usability issues.

The answer: Yes, but slowly. I'll eventually wipe through them. But I'm not on the Forum team. This isn't a full support forum.

For support, go here for options: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/416b1315-31b2-43e0-8806-d43fbf287076

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 3:16 AM