none
Disc layout on Windows 10

Question

• I am on a course which requires me to explore a disc at the most basic level. I can list a disc or USB stick contents at the basic level using a tool like winhex, but I can find no document, book or software which details how a disc is laid out - how to interpret the winhex data, particularly for windows 10. I'm on build 14393.5.

Can anybody point me in the right direction? (Or the right forum for my question?)

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, July 26, 2016 1:46 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Tuesday, July 26, 2016 9:33 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 1:45 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in one of the Windows 10 IT Pro forums.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 1:46 PM
  • That is NOT an answer. Burecatic convenience, even apprpriate, perhaps, but NOT an answer. Does it get a tick in the box? My question has not been answered, wherever it is convenient to move it to.
    Sunday, August 7, 2016 10:29 PM
  • That is NOT an answer. Burecatic convenience, even apprpriate, perhaps, but NOT an answer. Does it get a tick in the box? My question has not been answered, wherever it is convenient to move it to.

This is the 'Where is' forum, where we point out the correct forum to ask in. Thus, that is an answer.

Monday, August 8, 2016 12:22 PM