How Long B4 will be included in Live results? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone! I built a new website "Promotional Items Corporate Gifts Srednarb" last Friday then submitted it to Live Webmaster by Saturday. My question is how long would my new website will be listed in Live result pages? Will it take several weeks or months? Is there any definite period to determine the possibility of listing?

Can anyone check my website's design or structure if it pass the webmaster guidelines of Live?

Thanks, hope I could find answers here. Your recommendation is highly appreciated. Smile
    Sunday, September 21, 2008 9:50 AM

Answers

• I don't think there is a definitive answer to your question.  Once the website is indexed, then the indexed pages have a chance of appearing in search results for search terms.  So the question becomes how long before the site is indexed and how many pages will be indexed?  This forum has many threads citing websites that Live has not indexed after many months and submissions, or has only partially indexed.  It is hard to tell if the problems are with the websites or with the Live Search bot.

Assuming that you get indexed, it is then a question of whether or not your website provides good content.  This blog article has been cited as a good guideline for getting good results from Live Search:

http://blogs.msdn.com/webmaster/archive/2008/01/11/i-m-not-ranking-in-live-search-what-can-i-do.aspx

... Duane
    Sunday, September 21, 2008 11:23 AM
  • Thanks Duane at least I have a little hope that my site will be crawled eventually. I have followed most of the guidelines and I am making sure that I could make them 100%. Again thanks!

Sunday, September 21, 2008 1:24 PM
  •  

The length of time it takes to get indexed varies depending on backlinks and other variables. It might take a couple of weeks to a month.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 7:57 PM

All replies

• I don't think there is a definitive answer to your question.  Once the website is indexed, then the indexed pages have a chance of appearing in search results for search terms.  So the question becomes how long before the site is indexed and how many pages will be indexed?  This forum has many threads citing websites that Live has not indexed after many months and submissions, or has only partially indexed.  It is hard to tell if the problems are with the websites or with the Live Search bot.

Assuming that you get indexed, it is then a question of whether or not your website provides good content.  This blog article has been cited as a good guideline for getting good results from Live Search:

http://blogs.msdn.com/webmaster/archive/2008/01/11/i-m-not-ranking-in-live-search-what-can-i-do.aspx

... Duane
    Sunday, September 21, 2008 11:23 AM
  • Thanks Duane at least I have a little hope that my site will be crawled eventually. I have followed most of the guidelines and I am making sure that I could make them 100%. Again thanks!

Sunday, September 21, 2008 1:24 PM
  •  

The length of time it takes to get indexed varies depending on backlinks and other variables. It might take a couple of weeks to a month.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 7:57 PM
  • Yes Brett Yount was right it took some time before it can be indexed and compare to google MSN has a different algorithm. Anyways I have seen promotional items corporate gifts srednarb indexed already in the first page and it was on top last night.
    Saturday, September 27, 2008 12:02 PM
  • I just don't get it! I saw my site on page one the other day and then in just one day, it is gone again. What just happen? Is Live got a certain Live Sandbox like G does, I just can't find it anywhere on top 100. By the way I am referring to the site at http://www.srednarb-promotional.com and according to Live webmaster my site is already index. Any tip or advice sir?
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:46 AM
  • Your positioned now on msn/live is well.....keep it up for Capiz...,.  This website was established for my clients for soon www.giftssrednarb.com
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 11:08 AM