One Care cant see my backup set RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I had a hard drive failure.  When I went to restore my files to my new drive from the external drive, it could not find my back-up set.  It finds the other two from the other computers, but not mine.  So I went via explorer to verify that the back-up set does actuall exist and it does.

I think i may have inadvertantly screwed up the permissions too which may not be helping.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

kind regards

Gill Rogers
    Saturday, May 3, 2008 8:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• Had this same problem. Change your permissions back to SYSTEM and "Your PC Name"\OneCare (followed by a 9 digit number) (mine was "OfficePC/OneCarexxxxxxxxx" If you have not changed the permissions to the folders for your other PC's, look at the security tab for one of those and note the user name. Once the permissions were granted back to only these two user names, the restore set reappeared.

Hope this helps. M.E. Washington
    Saturday, May 3, 2008 6:03 PM
  • If you are unable to resolve the problem by resetting the permissions (thanks for that tip, M.E.), please contact support for help.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, May 5, 2008 4:20 PM