Uploading Multiple Pictures RRS feed

• Question

• My son has given me a remote login account on his WHS box, with full access rights.  I just tried to upload some photos but it appears to require that I add each picture, one at a time, to the list before I upload.  Surely there is a way around this?  Surely I can upload a folder full of pictures?  Or at least use shift-click to do a range of pictures?  I've perused the online help but didn't find an answer although there was mention of a "drag and drop" add on which I couldn't find.  But maybe that's the solution?  And if so, where do I find that add on?
    Friday, January 16, 2009 12:40 AM

Answers

• Interesting.  I wasn't seeing the "Enable Easy File Uploads" at all.  Logged back in and looked again after reading your message and it still wasn't there.  Then I got to wondering if it was because I was using FireFox as my web browser.  Logged out and logged back in using IE and PRESTO!  I now have Easy File Uploads.  
    Friday, January 16, 2009 3:16 AM

All replies

• Here are the steps...

1. After you login you will see the shared folders screen.
    2. Click on photos.
    3. On the toolbar of the photo page click on the upload button. It looks like an arrow that is is pointing up. Once you click on the upload button you will be redirected to the upload page.
    4. On the bottom of the upload page there is a button that is titled "Enable easy file uploads". Click on the button. Wait for the prompt, and install the Active-X control.
    5. Once the Active-X is installed you will have a rectangle on the screen which says Drop files here. Now you can drag and drop multiple files for uploading.
    Friday, January 16, 2009 1:04 AM
  • Interesting.  I wasn't seeing the "Enable Easy File Uploads" at all.  Logged back in and looked again after reading your message and it still wasn't there.  Then I got to wondering if it was because I was using FireFox as my web browser.  Logged out and logged back in using IE and PRESTO!  I now have Easy File Uploads.  
    Friday, January 16, 2009 3:16 AM
  • Some of the features of the Remote Access web site are only functional in Internet Explorer. That includes the Easy File Upload feature, and the entirety of the Computers tab and it's associated functionality.

If you want the best of both worlds, get the IETab add-on for Firefox.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, January 16, 2009 4:14 AM