Event 14502 OCS Protocol stack RRS feed

• Question

• So, I've been seeing this on our OCS Ent FE server and now, as we are migrating to OCS R2, on the OCS R2 Ent FE server.  I don't see any issues, but the error is annoying me.  The IP in the log belongs to a port on our Cisco 2811 gateway which is connected to our OCS Mediation server (which has 1.18 as the IP).  I suspect it has to do with certificates, but I'm not sure how to correct it.

Is there a way to (a need to) import the internal CA chain onto the Cisco 2811?

A significant number of connection failures have occurred with remote server Unknown IP 172.16.1.17. There have been 398 failures in the last 180 minutes. There have been a total of 11582 failures.
    The specific failure types and their counts are identified below.
    Instance count - Failure Type
    11582 8007274C
    This can be due to credential issues, DNS, firewalls or proxies. The specific failure types above should identify the problem.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:22 PM

All replies

• Dumb question or just no one has any ideas?
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 8:21 PM
  • I've seen (and ignored) the same errors.  I dont' know if installing the CA chain would even make a difference, but might be worth a shot if you simply want to clean up the event log chatter.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 8:49 PM
  • I'm no Cisco expert so anyone have any idea how (or if it is possible) to import a certificate from a Windows internal CA to a Cisco 2811?

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 9:58 PM
  • If your 2811 talks to mediation server - why do you get errors on FE server? Is there any voip dial-peer pointing to FE server? If you do not use TLS between gateway and mediation server, no certificates are involved at all.
    Johann Deutinger | MCTS Exchange 2007 / OCS 2007
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 1:53 PM
  • Johann,
    Hmm...good point.  Not sure why the errors would be showing up on the FE server when the 2811 should only be talking to our mediation server.  We do have another interface on the 2811 which is on the same subnet as the FE server but all the dial-peers point to the mediation server.  I double-checked the FE server and the errors are exactly 3 hours apart (not sure if that is significant).  I suppose I can ignore the errors - I'm just curious as to why they are occurring.

2811 to Mediation server is TCP so I guess certificates wouldn't be involved.
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 2:49 PM