Investment holding ~ nearly but not exactly zero RRS feed

• Question

• After share splits and sales my apparent share holding in a company is zero but MS Money 2000 International believes the holding is fractionally (but not visibly) greater than zero, consequently I can't delete that investment from the share price drop down list. Is there any way to persuade Money to forget this minuscule remainder?

Teabag

Friday, August 18, 2017 10:24 AM

All replies

• I have run into this also.  I create a new transaction and use the Remove Shares activity to eliminate this very small fractional share
    that resulted from one or more rounding errors.

If you need help determining the exact quantity to remove, manually update the price of the asset to some ridiculously large value that is a power of ten.  (I don't think
    I have ever had to use more than 10,000.00.  That should be enough for the current value of the holding to be non-zero.  Simply slide the decimal point to the left and
    you have the quantity to enter in the new transaction. 

Don't forget to delete the manually updated price.

Friday, August 18, 2017 4:00 PM
  • After share splits and sales my apparent share holding in a company is zero but MS Money 2000 International believes the holding is fractionally (but not visibly) greater than zero, consequently I can't delete that investment from the share price drop down list. Is there any way to persuade Money to forget this minuscule remainder?

Teabag

From the Account Register, click AccountSummary on the left and
    then AccountUpdate on the bottom.

Enter 0 in the TotalQuantity column for the problem security, and
    then click SaveAndFinish at the bottom.

Saturday, August 19, 2017 3:01 AM
  • Thank you Cal ~ with holding reset to exactly zero I was able to delete the investment from the share price drop down list.

In all of 17 years I had never once clicked on that AccountUpdate button; you can learn something new every day; thanks again.

Teabag

Saturday, August 19, 2017 6:42 PM