Installing Remote Desktop on a User account RRS feed

• General discussion

• This is the wrong forum I am sure but the drop down boxes are not giving me any other options. Sorry.  I am trying to install remote desktop to a second user account on my xp system.  I have it installed on my main account and everything works fine. (My work uses it to connect to our servers from the field.) I am trying to set it up for a coworker that uses my computer also.  I have set up another user account with admin access.  The option for the remote desktop does not show up on the programs menu. So I went into add windows components, and selected web services and remote desktop services.  The installation started but then it told me it could not find the file admxprox.dll and I needed my xp install disks.  The problem is that if I remember correctly, my computer did not come with disks.  When I asked the computer manufacturer about this, they said something like they did not provide them anymore and that they were on a sep. partition on the c: drive. (or something like that.) So Now I have not install disks to get this file from.  Can someone tell me what to do.  Any help would be appreciated.
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Tuesday, July 21, 2009 2:28 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Tuesday, July 21, 2009 2:31 PM Off topic. (From:Microsoft Security Essentials: Getting Started and Upgrading)
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 2:25 PM

All replies