Run SSRS Report on selected record item RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have created My charts and tables for particular entity i want in my SSRS report and uploaded on my crm 2011 online account. Now i want this report to run when the particular item is selected and it will display the filtered chart and table on my SSRS report.

Can anyone guide me how to pass the parameters for the selected items ???

Thanks

Friday, September 2, 2011 12:35 PM

Answers

• Have a look here at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328288.aspx, then in the section
    "Enabling Data Pre-filtering in Fetch-based Reports".

Then when you add the report to MSCRM make sure it's set to show on related entity pages, or related entity lists as desired.

Friday, September 2, 2011 1:20 PM
  • Pre filtering will give you an option to apply filters on report. In CRM 4.0 when we upload the report in the displayin select the option 'Form for related record type'. We you run the report from any record CRM will automatically pass the id of that record as parameter.
    Regards Faisal
    Friday, September 2, 2011 1:30 PM

All replies

• Have a look here at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328288.aspx, then in the section
    "Enabling Data Pre-filtering in Fetch-based Reports".

Then when you add the report to MSCRM make sure it's set to show on related entity pages, or related entity lists as desired.

Friday, September 2, 2011 1:20 PM
  • Pre filtering will give you an option to apply filters on report. In CRM 4.0 when we upload the report in the displayin select the option 'Form for related record type'. We you run the report from any record CRM will automatically pass the id of that record as parameter.
    Regards Faisal
    Friday, September 2, 2011 1:30 PM
  • Thanks jdZ,

Thanks for the link just wanted to ask you that i am using BIDS to modify the fetchXML so i dont have to go through that three stages just need to add enableprefiltering and prefilterparametername. isnt it???

Friday, September 2, 2011 1:48 PM
  • Thanks for the reply guys,

It's done. :)

Friday, September 2, 2011 4:42 PM