Local IP not my ISP IP RRS feed

• Question

• OK when I test the Remote access it fails on Web and Remote console access.  I can access my site via the ISP IP address no problem.   I have port 80 443 and 4125 open and  fowarded to my local IP on the server.  When i run the test all the test shows is my local IP (192.168.x.x)  When i do a ping from my work computer to leogetz.homeserver.com it resolves with the local IP not the ISP ip?  How do I get Home Server to register the ISP address and not the local?
    Monday, September 14, 2009 9:33 PM

All replies

• The name you wrote down in your thread is not resolved by DNS, at least not for me.
    Is your router capable of dyndns? If so, register a dyndns account for free and enter that into the router. Can you access now?

I also could imagine, that your router is not directly connected with the Internet, but has its external interface also in an internal separate network, which is created between the router and a separate DSL modem (or another router). In this case you may have to try to make a bridged connection of router and modem instead or configure port forwarding on all involved devices, which may get complicated.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Monday, September 14, 2009 9:59 PM