none
microsoft money RRS feed

• Question

• I have been sold a Mac Pro Retina + a data transfer from my old PC. I now find that I can't find or open the microsoft money application & data that should have been transferred on the Mac.

I may no longer be able to access the programme & data on my old PC & the Mac does not seem able to identify the microsoft money programme & data on my back-up. What, if any, downloads should I get to assist given that the microsoft programme was, I think, an old (2000?) version?

Friday, September 12, 2014 3:17 PM

All replies

• Money does not run on the MAC operating system.  To run Money on a MAC you need to use Apple's "Boot Camp" and a copy of a Windows operating system. This will allow your MAC PC to boot into Windows.  Then you need to download and install the appropriate version of Money as described in the second "stick" post in this forum.  Because your version of Money is so old, there may be an intermediate step needed to convert your existing Money file to run with a new version of Money.  Post back if you need help with this.

If all you files were transferred, you should be able to find a .mny file and one or more .bak files somewhere on your new MAC.

If you can, return to the store where you bought the MAC and explain what is needed.  They should be able to find your Money files and set you up.  Many times MAC PCs are bundled with boot camp and a Windows operating system.

And be sure to back up all your important data files, - not just Money files, - on some other medium such as DVDs or flash drives.  Without a good backup, a computer failure will be very unpleasant.

Bill Becker

Saturday, September 13, 2014 12:44 AM