Stolen laptop, lost software RRS feed

• Question

• My laptop was stolen when in Costa Rica.  On the laptop I had One Care Live and Microsoft Office Small Business software and a few other titles.  Plus lots of data.   Question is I don't have the install disks or activation keys anymore.  The keys were in my outlook and are lost.  My insurance company said they will not replace software.  What can be done?
    Monday, June 29, 2009 7:40 PM

Answers

• HI!

You can still install Onecare by going to onecare.live.com, install the free trial first.  Then, after the restarting of the computer, open onecare, then click on the subscribe button, sign in with the live id and password that is associated with your subscription.  Now, in regards with the other application, you may call technical support for those softwares.

-----
    bayabasgirl29
    Monday, June 29, 2009 8:10 PM

All replies

• HI!

You can still install Onecare by going to onecare.live.com, install the free trial first.  Then, after the restarting of the computer, open onecare, then click on the subscribe button, sign in with the live id and password that is associated with your subscription.  Now, in regards with the other application, you may call technical support for those softwares.

-----
    bayabasgirl29
    Monday, June 29, 2009 8:10 PM
  • I would contact support to change the Live ID and password associated with your One Care account since the person in possession of your laptop now knows your Live ID. It would also be a good idea to change your sign in name and password to any accounts which might be recoverable from your laptop.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Monday, June 29, 2009 11:14 PM