Lost organic search ranking RRS feed

• Question

•  

On 11/13/08 the organic ranking for www.satsoft.net for the search term 'ocr service' was #1 on page 1. As of 11/17/08 www.satsoft.net is not in the top 10 pages for the same search term. We have consistently ranked well for this search term for years. Nothing on the site has changed - no page updates or additional pages added to the site. What happened?!!
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 6:48 PM

Answers

• Your website came in at #61 in my Live search on "ocr service".  I notice that almost all of the websites ahead of you in the results have "ocr" or "service" - and sometimes both - in the URL of the page found.  Could be that a tweak to the Live search algorithm has set a higher value on keywords being in the URL, bumping a lot of websites ahead of your in the results returned.

... Duane

Friday, November 28, 2008 3:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Jan,

I'll be glad to help. I'll take a look and get back to you with anything I find.

Brett

Thursday, November 20, 2008 11:35 PM
  • Your website came in at #61 in my Live search on "ocr service".  I notice that almost all of the websites ahead of you in the results have "ocr" or "service" - and sometimes both - in the URL of the page found.  Could be that a tweak to the Live search algorithm has set a higher value on keywords being in the URL, bumping a lot of websites ahead of your in the results returned.

... Duane

Friday, November 28, 2008 3:47 AM