Exam 70-536 preparation: practice tests include material not in the book? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm studying for the C# version of exam 70-536 and have mastered the review book (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Book.aspx?ID=12915&locale=en-us). I answer all of the review questions accurately. Then I moved on to the practice test that accompanied the book (from MeasureUp) and the questions expect knowledge of quite a bit of material that was not covered in the book. Why is this, and can I expect the same on the exam? Most importantly, what can I study to gain this other expected knowledge?
    Monday, November 22, 2010 5:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The 70-536 is a nasty exam which covers a lot. As you have noticed it's hard to master everything for that exam by reading and reviewing one book. You do need hands on experience as well.

When I took that exam i scored miserably on the testexam while reviewing the answers from the book went fine. What helped me a lot was taking the test again and read the explanation of every questing i answered wrong. That gave me a lot of insight in what that question actually meant. Also references to msdn white papers are a great trail to follow.

So don't be upset and go for the extra mile. Take your time and read some more. If you've studied the base should be there.

Good luck on taking the exam

Maurice

Maurice
    • Marked as answer by lockheedLevi Wednesday, November 24, 2010 8:10 PM
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 10:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The 70-536 is a nasty exam which covers a lot. As you have noticed it's hard to master everything for that exam by reading and reviewing one book. You do need hands on experience as well.

When I took that exam i scored miserably on the testexam while reviewing the answers from the book went fine. What helped me a lot was taking the test again and read the explanation of every questing i answered wrong. That gave me a lot of insight in what that question actually meant. Also references to msdn white papers are a great trail to follow.

So don't be upset and go for the extra mile. Take your time and read some more. If you've studied the base should be there.

Good luck on taking the exam

Maurice

Maurice
    • Marked as answer by lockheedLevi Wednesday, November 24, 2010 8:10 PM
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 10:15 PM
  • Thanks, Maurice, I really appreciate the advice!
    lockheedLevi
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 8:11 PM