Unified Service Desk deployment with CRM Online 14 RRS feed

• Question

• I All,

I am trying to deploy the USD with CRM online spring 14. But not able to connect.

Regards

Rashmi

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 9:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Rashmi,

What is the error that you receive? Are you able to deploy Unified Service Desk packages, and then not able to connect to the CRM instance using the Unified Service Desk client? OR, you are not even able to deploy Unified Service Desk to your CRM instance?

Please make sure you understand the min. system requirements to deploy/install Unified Service Desk: Unified Service Desk system requirements.

1. Install the Unified Service Desk client.
    2. Deploy one of the Unified Service Desk sample applications.

Reference: Install and deploy Unified Service Desk.

Thanks,
    Vivek
    Microsoft Dynamics CRM Documentation

Friday, June 13, 2014 9:53 PM
  • HI Vivek,

I am able to connect. I was not able to connect because some space was coming after entering the UserId in the field. Now it is connected. 

Thanks

Rashmi

Monday, June 16, 2014 3:30 PM
  • One More thing. I am not able to deploy all the solutions. One solution i have deployed manually using CRM. All other solution are deployed successfully. Can u please tell me the reason why i am not able to deployed all the soln using USD.

Regards,

Rashmi Gupta

Monday, June 16, 2014 3:33 PM
  • Hi Rashmi,

Unifies Service Desk consists of the following 3 solutions, and are deployed in the following order:

1. UiiForMicrosoftDynamicsCRM_3_0_managed
    2. DynamicsUnifiedServiceDesk_1_0_managed
    3. <SelectedPackage> Solution

All these solutions are deployed using the Package Deployer tool. For a USD package deployment, #1 and #2 are required. #3 is the package you selected. At a time, only single USD package (#3) should be deployed to a CRM instance.

If the solution deployment fails, you should rerun the Package Deployer tool and will pick it up from where it left during the solution deployment. You should not deploy these packages manually. To resolve this:

1. Remove all the USD solutions manually from your CRM instance. See above for the solution names. You should remove them in descending order (#3 > #2 > #1). See Remove a USD package.
    2. Run the Package Deployer tool to install a package.
    3. Select a  USD package to be deployed to your CRM instance. You can only install one package at a time.
    4. If the tool fails mid way, restart the tool and proceed by selecting the same CRM instance and USD package to deploy, and it will complete successfully.

Thanks,
    Vivek

Monday, June 16, 2014 4:18 PM
  • Hi, I am having the issue where I can't connect through the package deployer to our CRM online account. I am system admin and CRM is updated to Spring '14.

Any help greatly received.

Stuart

Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:04 PM
  • Hi Stuart,

Which option did you select to connect to your CRM instance: Office 365 or Online? If you have your online instance hosted on Office 365 (org name ends in onmicrosoft.com), you must select Office 365, and specify your credentials accordingly. For example:

If you are still having trouble, please look up the Login_ErrorLog.log file available at c:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\PackageDeployer\<Version> on your computer where you are running the Package Deployer tool to find the exact error. For more information about troubleshooting the tool, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn647420.aspx#Logfiles.

Please reply with your results.

Thanks,
    Vivek

Friday, July 18, 2014 12:41 AM
  • Hi Rashmi,

I'm trying to deploy de Base Package Solutions using the Package Deployer (Deploy sample Unified Service Desk applications to CRM server using Package Deployer: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn646924.aspx). The deployer fails in the "Executing Install Actions" screen, in the second step with the error message "Failed to load solution Dynamics Unified Service Desk, versión: 1.0.1.132. See the log file".

I found the following in the log file:

"Failed to Execute Command - ImportSolution

Source: mscorlib

Error: Mesage: RoleService: VerifyCallerPrivileges failed. User: 9ed3711....

Error 2 Message: Importing solution threw and unforeseen exception"

I'm connecting to a CRM 2013 on-premises.

Thanks!

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 3:01 AM
  • Please apply the service pack as it is the Prerequisite...and Enable the service pack in Organization  and than run the USD....It will successful...

Sunday, November 30, 2014 9:40 AM
  • Please apply the service pack as it is the Prerequisite...and Enable the service pack in Organization  and than run the USD....It will successful...
    Sunday, November 30, 2014 9:40 AM