none
.NET Core application native to Android Oreo (no Xamarin) RRS feed

• Question

• What the application needs to do: I need a .NET Core application to run on Android Oreo. This needs to be a standalone application, like a Windows Form, because the application will not always be connected to the internet but it will eventually use the internet to send data.  

How do I accomplish this without Xamarin? I have heard that Visual Studio (.NET Core) has features that will allow it to compile to Android natively. Can I use a Windows Form application (or something like that) layout in VS to develop the front-end? I am open to suggestions, but I would rather not use Xamarin. 

• Moved by Stanly Fan Wednesday, June 20, 2018 2:55 AM
    Monday, June 18, 2018 3:30 PM

All replies

• Hi JayZz,

As far as I know, Winform application does not support .Net Core, if you want to develop the front-end project with VS, I would suggest you consider Web API, and if you have any questions about it, you can ask them at ASP.NET Forums.

Regards,

Frankie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 3:00 AM