Problems, Reinstall, Won't Open RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

OneCare (2.0 installed and working, and after extending my AV subscription) reporting the firewall was off and that a vital download could not be installed.

After trying all other advised solutions, OneCare advised to uninstall and reinstall OneCare. I uninstalled and reinstalled as instructed. After restarting, OneCare was red on the tray. I tried to open OneCare, but OneCare will not now open:

"Window Live OneCare has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have tried many different solutions to solve this, including all methods advised on support page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/910656, AntiMalwareRepair, OneCareCleanUp, and OneCareFirewallRepair. Unfortunately, the problem persists.

This is all the more frustrating given that I know OneCare 2.0 has worked on this laptop (on which this problem has occured), and continues to work without problems on my desktop.

I am well aware of the problems with 2.0, which sound similiar to this, but 2.0 was working for around 2 weeks before this problem occurred.

Thanks for reading, I eagerly await your advice.

Saturday, February 23, 2008 11:57 PM

Answers

All replies