none
No more contributions with Safari / Firefox on Mac RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

during the last weeks I used to use Safari to contribute to this forum. Since yesterday it no longer works. After logging in Safari only shows some elments of the site and a grey bar. I did try to use Firefox 2 and it won't work as well as it shows onyl some parts of the window I am currently writing in. I am on a Mac 10.5.3. My installation did not changed during the last days. Any help would be appreciated. (I am writing this on a business Windos machine.)

Btw, looking at the Forum-Q&A I recognized that these forums are only supported for Windows systems. Nonetheless I hope that Microsoft is coming to help. But I find it very strange that the forums are only supported for windows systems seeing that with Expression Media Microsoft sells a product for Mac OS plattforms as well.

Welt
    Friday, June 20, 2008 4:35 PM

Answers

• Welt:

Try refreshing the page and/or deleting your browser cache. The same thing happened to me (and other people) after the recent update.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, June 20, 2008 5:34 PM

All replies

• Welt:

Try refreshing the page and/or deleting your browser cache. The same thing happened to me (and other people) after the recent update.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, June 20, 2008 5:34 PM
  • David,
    thanks I will try that out. But it seems so that they have changed something, it does work today.
    Welt
    Saturday, June 21, 2008 5:27 AM
  • During our upgrade last week, some new scripts were pushed out. We ran in to problems where it took a while to get these updates pushed out to all of the CDN's. So in effect, many people were getting mixes of new and old scripts which were not entirely compatible. Once the CDN's were updated and also browser cache for those same script, it would clear up and go away.

We've taken the necessary steps to avoid this situation in future releases.

HTH

Rob J, Forums Dev
    Sunday, June 22, 2008 4:13 PM
  • I have ctrl-f5 my browser, but I am still getting the following error500 page whenever I try to view the MSDN forums.  These Microsoft forums work fine, but when I try to view posts in the MSDN SharePoint forums I get the following message...

This site is currently undergoing system maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. Please try again later.

For the latest headlines and to see what’s new, visit the MSDN home page.

Check out the various MSDN Developer Centers where you can find the latest product information, technical resources and community offerings. Visit the MSDN Library for the latest technical articles, reference documentation, downloads and more.

Browse to MSDN Forums to get fast answers for technical questions or use the search option below to find out other relevant resources.

• Edited by David Goebel Monday, July 28, 2008 5:30 PM added link to example
    Monday, July 28, 2008 5:23 PM
  • Seems to come and go.

I got this (in several languages) and then re-loaded the page a minute later, at which time it worked.
    Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:57 AM
  • Still having issues with SharePoint forums.  Come on guys, can't we get this problem fixed?
    Senior SharePoint Mechanic
    Monday, August 11, 2008 10:17 PM
  • David Goebel said:

Still having issues with SharePoint forums.  Come on guys, can't we get this problem fixed?

Senior SharePoint Mechanic

Thanks David for the feedback.  I have not heard or have seen users reporting this problem recently.  As there are a few issues discussed in this thread, what is the experience that you are having and the exact repro steps?

Please advise so we can investigate this further.

If you could also include os, browser, browser version, etc, that would be extrmely helpful.

Alicia

Program Manager, Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Monday, August 11, 2008 11:14 PM