none
Problem with Forums after I re-booted Windows RRS feed

• Question

• I had to cold re-boot Vista computer after it stopped responding. Now I'm getting a certificate error message from this forum

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.
    <noscript id="securityCert1"></noscript>
    Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

and from gmail.com and a couple of sites I use on a regular basis.

Something got changed/corrupted, but I don't know how to fix the issue. Please help.

Premature optimization is the root of all evil in programming. (c) by Donald Knuth

Naomi Nosonovsky, Sr. Programmer-Analyst

My blog
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 9:35 PM

Answers

• From another forum I got an answer. Somehow my system date got changed to 2006 and this caused all these errors. Right now I'm OK.
    Premature optimization is the root of all evil in programming. (c) by Donald Knuth

My blog
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 9:47 PM

All replies

• From another forum I got an answer. Somehow my system date got changed to 2006 and this caused all these errors. Right now I'm OK.

My blog
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 9:47 PM
  • I had to cold re-boot Vista computer after it stopped responding. Now I'm getting a certificate error message from this forum

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.
    <noscript id="securityCert1"></noscript>
    Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

and from gmail.com and a couple of sites I use on a regular basis.

Something got changed/corrupted, but I don't know how to fix the issue. Please help.

My blog

1. my windows addvisor loaded Tune up utillite 2010/Definition update for microsoft security essentials/KB972696Definition1.79.1515.0/File name\TextAdornment Essentials en-us/save type\.vsix Documents
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 12:14 AM
  • This is basically an Internet Explorer 7 Website’s Security Certificate problem! You have to self-sign the certificate on the client computer or add the URL manually to the trusted security zone.

When you are trying to access a secure web page, you receive the warning message

Method 1:

You have to install the Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 (Windows SBS) self-signed certificate on the client computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• In Windows Internet Explorer 7, click Continue to this website (not recommended) .
             A red Address Bar and a certificate warning appear.
    • Click Certificate Error button to open the information window.
    • Click View Certificates > click Install Certificate .
    • Click Yes, to install the certificate, when warning message appear.

Note: For Windows Vista users, right click on Internet Explorer icon. Select Run as Administrator .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 7:49 AM
  • The problem was due to a Windows glitch - the computer's clock was reset to 2006 instead of 2010. After I fixed the clock, I didn't get this problem anymore.

My blog
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:02 PM