CRM 2013 Self Assign ribbon refresh issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have role which holds user level update privilege on case entity and read access is organization level. When i open other users case it shows me in read only mode and ribbon wont display save and close or resolve buttons. Now when i assign this case to myself from ribbon, case gets assigned to me but it did not refresh the ribbon buttons i.e. no display of resolve, save, save and close etc buttons.

I noticed this issue on on-premise as well we on online instance.

Did anyone face same issue?

Any suggestions are welcome. 

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 4:59 AM

All replies

• as you said the Role has User Level Update this mean you can not update others users cases.

this mean the Role can update only own records of cases not the Others.

solution is change the update privilege to Business Unit or Organization level. then the user can see Save and Save & Close button

Muhammad Sohail

• Edited by sohail450 Wednesday, August 20, 2014 11:12 AM
    Wednesday, August 20, 2014 11:09 AM
  • In my role i have assign privilege BU level so i can see cases from my BU. Those cases i can assign to myself first and then i can work on those. And user level update privilege provided to have ability that users can open case for reference purpose only. So whenever user require to modify specific case they will assign it to themselves.

This is very practical scenario. Not sure how to handle this using OOB and without any code.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 12:28 PM
  • Any reply from anyone?

Is this Microsoft defect or i am missing anything?

• Edited by Sacho T Monday, August 25, 2014 2:58 PM
    Monday, August 25, 2014 2:54 PM