Windows 7 Version is not valid RRS feed

• Question

• I've had my laptop with Windows 7 for over 18 months and has worked fine until today, when I started it up saying the Windows 7 version was not genuine. It asks me to enter a product key, which I did (attached to my laptop on a sticker). I have triple checked that I am entering the right code, which I am, but I get an error message to say that the product key is invalid. I have tried following the advice of a few forums, which tell me to find the file CMD.exe and type net stop sppsvc, but I can't get any further than this step as it wont accept this net stop sppsvc part. Can anyone give me further help? Thanks
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 12:17 PM

Answers

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the  Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool

Once you run the tool, click on the  Continue button, then click on the  Copy button and  Paste the report into your post, along with your question. 

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, February 9, 2011 10:12 PM
    Sunday, February 6, 2011 6:28 AM

All replies

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the  Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool

Once you run the tool, click on the  Continue button, then click on the  Copy button and  Paste the report into your post, along with your question. 

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, February 9, 2011 10:12 PM
    Sunday, February 6, 2011 6:28 AM
  • No reply from the original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 10:12 PM