Please, help upgrading to 2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently using SyncToy 1.4.  I would like to upgrade to 2.0, however, I'm not sure how to proceed.  I'm using ECHO.

Should I synchronize first in which case I will have to delete the current configuration and recreate everything from scratch ?   (no way to edit just the action that I know of).

Should I delete the current configuration and create everything from scratch?

What should I do with the existing data in the right folders if using any of the options above?

Would synchronizing impact the existing data in the left folder(s) possibly deleting if discrepancies exist?

Is it possible to change the action from "synchronize" to "echo" without having to create a new configuration for each of the actions with 2.0?

I'm only intersted in the "echo" action.

Thanks.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 4:41 AM

Answers

• Hi,

there the "fully synchronized", I think it means fully Synchronize/Echo/..., if you still keep Echo.

I did a test with 134 files in the left folder. first sync(Echo) in V1.4, then upgrade to V2.0. Sync(Echo) again.

everything works fine. So it should be OK, if you do a fully Echo sync on V1.4 first. then upgrade to V2.0,then do a fully Echo sync again on V2.0. Just do not modify the files in the folders while synchronizing.

Thanks,

Baoke

Thursday, November 20, 2008 6:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you need not delete the old pairs. SyncToy will upgrade the folders automatically.

this is some descriptions for SyncToy upgade, Please do follow the steps. Hope this will help.

SyncToy Installation Notes:

Upgrade:

- If upgrading from an earlier version of SyncToy (e.g. SyncToy 1.4 or SyncToy 2.0 Beta), it is **CRITICAL** to ensure that all folder pairs are fully synchronized using the previous version before running SyncToy 2.0 setup. Not following this guideline can lead to unintended behavior and partial data loss when running SyncToy 2.0 for the first time after upgrade. All folder pairs must also be fully synchronized at least once right after the upgrade is done.

Thanks,

Baoke

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 7:45 AM
  • Hi Baoke,

Thanks for replying.  The "Upgrade" note is one of the reasons I'm posting questions.  My folder pairs are not "fully synchronized" since I'm using "echo".  Am I correct on this assumption?

Do I have "fully synchronized" pairs if using "echo"?  If I don't, don't I have to run "synchronize" the first time, and what would happen when the SyncToy finds the existing data in the right folders?  Do I need to delete the existing data before running "synchronize"?

Thanks.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 3:03 PM
  • Hi,

there the "fully synchronized", I think it means fully Synchronize/Echo/..., if you still keep Echo.

I did a test with 134 files in the left folder. first sync(Echo) in V1.4, then upgrade to V2.0. Sync(Echo) again.

everything works fine. So it should be OK, if you do a fully Echo sync on V1.4 first. then upgrade to V2.0,then do a fully Echo sync again on V2.0. Just do not modify the files in the folders while synchronizing.

Thanks,

Baoke

Thursday, November 20, 2008 6:42 AM