locked
CRM record is unavailable RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I have an error while loging into the crm from web url.

    I got an error called record is not found or you dont have proper permissions to view it....

    any body please helpm me.

     

    Regards,

    Bhuma Reddy.

    Monday, February 7, 2011 6:36 AM

All replies

  • is it a new installation ??

     

    if yes, you should uninstall CRM and reinstall CRM using the typical installation mode and not the custom. and if you want to use the custom you will have 2 check boxes in the next wizard step , so you have to check them both.


    GKSPLB
    Monday, February 7, 2011 7:16 AM
  • The message says it all..

    May be you are trying to access the record which was deleted or you don't have permissions to view it.

    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 2:36 AM
  • hi,

    thanks for the reply,

    actually we have two organizations in enterprise edition. so the another organization is working fine but the default organization is not working it is giving error like no permissions tio view it...

     i think is there any database problem?

    i mean is it required to import the database again...

    thankyou

    Bhuma

    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 9:05 AM
  • Hi Bhuma,

     

    I suggest you to check this thread, 

    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crm/thread/46300ea9-44ff-4f5d-ac1a-63ca13343208

     


    Khaja Mohiddin
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 10:43 AM
  • First of all, you should check in SQL Server to see if your record exists or not. For CRM 4.0, use the "WHERE DeletionStateCode = 2" clause. For CRM 2011 simply see if it exists.
    Cornel Croitoriu - Senior Software Developer - www.Biz-Forward.com
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 11:34 AM
  • Make sure Asynchronous Services are up and running.


    Khaja Mohiddin
    Friday, February 11, 2011 10:26 AM
  • facing almost the same scenario,

    i am trying to restore an organization from different domain, i thought something related to the mapping and tried multiple times,

    at the end i found that Asynchronous service is stopped , and when i try to start it , it give and error

    after several tries it started , but again is stopped automatically !!

    even the other orgs are working properly !

    any clue ?

    Monday, May 2, 2011 6:05 AM
  • elife1

    Is there anything appearing in the application event log when the service fails to start or shuts down?

    If the event log doesn't help you then I'd turn on tracing and try again.

    Hope this helps, if in doubt stick the event log/trace messages on here for others to review.

    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 3:40 PM
  • Hi Bhuma,

     

    Did you resolve your "Record is not found" error?  I'm getting the same thing, but not on every entity.

    I've verified the PrivUserGroup Members, I know SQL is not adding a record to the table, Asynchronous service is running.

     

    Do you have any other suggestions?

     

    Thanks,

    Valerie Lingen


    Valerie Lingen
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 2:28 PM
  • Hi,

    I would suggest you to check CRM applicaiton pool identity account from IIS and then verify if this account has proper permissions for the CRM organization database. You can check permissions from SQL Server Management Studio -> Security Logins -> User Account -> User Mapping

    I hope this might help.


    Thank You,
    Jehanzeb Javeed,
    http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

     



    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 7:19 PM
  • Hi Jehanzeb - thanks for replying.  After I had posted my question, I also resolved my problem.

    I had also received the “Record is Unavailable” error.  I had done many customizations to the Order Entity on a CRM 2011 virtual server (our company server)  while my customer got their hardware ready for MS CRM 2011.  When the customer's server had CRM 2011 installed I imported the solution.

     

    All the entities except Orders would allow me to Add New/Save.  After reviewing my code I remembered that I had a Lookup to the PriceList which requires a GUID value in the code.  The GUID was for the Development site SQL database tables.  Once I changed the GUID to the correct value for the Live Customer CRM installation, the error went away.

     

    Hope this helps others resolve their problems.

     


    Valerie Lingen
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 7:47 PM
  • Hi,

    I am having the same issue after I added an unmanaged solution with a test entity to the default organization and tried to remove the solution, The removal fails and I now get the "record is not found" error when try to delete the solution. I also get sql errors in every entity that I want to make changes to. Any ideas?

    Friday, January 13, 2012 2:40 AM
  • Hello Bhuma Reddy:

    Check whether the person you are logging with, has proper security roles assigned to him to read/ write/ delete/ update records of that entity.

    Also check using OData or Database, whether that record exists or not. First be sure that record exists  in DB.


    Saurabh Gupta, MS CRM 2011 Software Development Engineer

    Monday, May 7, 2012 10:23 AM
  • Hi,

    • Please restart your CRM services, SQL Services, workstation services.
    • Restart your CRM Server

    Please find the following links:

    http://danielcai.blogspot.in/2011/04/mscrm-40-error-is-unavailable-after-crm.html

    https://community.dynamics.com/product/crm/crmtechnical/b/crmfranklee/archive/2011/12/18/crm-offline-new-activity-error-record-is-unavailable.aspx


    Thanks & Regards, MS CRM Consultant, V.Surya.

    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 7:12 AM
    Answerer