CWA dial-out, how do I disable it? RRS feed

• Question

• We're deep into our deployment of OCS R2 and it appears that there is no way to disable outbound dialing of CWA.  I work for a university and students and employees alike would be able to abuse the system to make calls to anywhere in the world.  We simply don't want that.  We need the ability to set a telephony policy that, at most, allows local calling only, but preferrably, no dial-out.  I'd like CWA to recognize that it can't dial-out as well and remove that ability from the interface.

Help me out, what can I do?
    Thanks
    Mark

Monday, March 9, 2009 7:07 PM

All replies

• Mark,

Are you looking to simply block outbound calls from CWA only, but not from standard OC clients? Or will CWA users be a certain subset of users whoul should never be able to dial-out?  There are a few ways to accomplish this but it depends on how and where you need to limit it.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Monday, March 9, 2009 8:13 PM
  • The minimum goal is to block anonymous users in audio conferences from dialing out.
    Ideally, I'd like to have more control than that, but I don't know what options are available.  It seems that authenticated users who connected to CWA are controlled by their own telephony policy, but that isn't the case for anonymous users.  It seems that, so long as an anonymous user knows the digits necessary to dial out, they can consume resources for free.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 1:11 PM
  • I'm hoping someone has figured out how to block outbound dialing in CWA.  Perhaps there's a way to set a enterprise voice policy for anonymous users?  Something, anything?
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 3:52 PM