Cannot access Money file after re-installation of MS-Money 2006 on new laptop RRS feed

• Question

• I have re-installed MS-Money 2006 on my new laptop with Windows 7 64 bit. So far, I have not been able to access my MS-Money data file because I cannot get beyond the password and receive the following message: "Your sign-in information could not be verified. Go online, and then re-enter your sign-in information." When prompted I changed my Microsoft Passport password but still received an error message when I tried to sign into MS-Money. Checking the "Working Offline" box didn't help either - I received the same message. Does anybody have an idea?

Friday, May 17, 2013 2:55 PM

All replies

• I have re-installed MS-Money 2006 on my new laptop with Windows 7 64 bit. So far, I have not been able to access my MS-Money data file because I cannot get beyond the password and receive the following message: "Your sign-in information could not be verified. Go online, and then re-enter your sign-in information." When prompted I changed my Microsoft Passport password but still received an error message when I tried to sign into MS-Money. Checking the "Working Offline" box didn't help either - I received the same message. Does anybody have an idea?

Disconnect from the Internet.  Pull your Ethernet cable or turn off
    your modem -- whatever it takes.  Start Money, click below the
    password field to select "I want to sign in to Money directly,
    without access to all online services." then click Next.

If you get into your file,
    remove your LiveID.    While you attempted to change your LiveID , use
    you must use the the credentials that were in
    effect at the time that you saved that Money file.  If you get in, remove the
    Live ID. Go to File-PasswordManager, and choose to remove your
    LiveID.  To remove or add a conventional password, also see
    File->PasswordManager.

The password is case-sensitive.  If you are not sure of your
    credentials, write down what you remember.  Consider permutations.
    Check your notes.  You will not get into the file without those
    credentials in effect when the file was saved.

Saturday, May 18, 2013 2:57 AM