none
Media Player playlist gives error in win8.1 but not win7

Question

• I have a c# app the uses windows media player. I load the playlists into a textbox. this works in win7 but in win8.1 the line

string playlistname;
                WMPLib.IWMPPlaylist firstPlaylist = Player.playlistCollection.getAll().Item(0);

gives an error

A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException' occurred in MediaPlayer.exe
    An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException' occurred in MediaPlayer.exe
    Additional information: The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003)

What directory is it talking about. I made sure I have a couple playlists in media player.

• Moved by Tina-Shi Thursday, July 02, 2015 9:34 AM not relateed to the vs ide
    Sunday, June 14, 2015 7:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi ring042,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Since this forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

As you said about this c# app for windows media player issue, since I am not the C# development experts.

So to help you find the correct forum support this issue, could you please tell me which kind of C# app you create for windows media player in this VS IDE?

Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 15, 2015 9:34 AM
  • Might ask over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/home?forum=windowssdk

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Sunday, July 05, 2015 4:29 PM