starting onecare? RRS feed

• Question

• one-care occasionaly wont start when computer is switched on. Claims that it ahs finished or stopped. have restarted computer as directed but to no help. i have switched off automatic updates, will i need that on to work

Thursday, December 13, 2007 5:27 PM

Answers

• The startup problem is unrelated to Automatic Updates being off, but you will need to turn Automatic Updates on in order for OneCare to be in Green status - your system will show at risk otherwise.

The startup problem is likely caused by low resources causing the startup process to take too long and the startup of OneCare to time out and fail. The OneCare team is working to fix this so that the process will retry after a failure, but that doesn't help you now.

I would suggest disabling programs that load at startup that are not absolutely needed. Many programs include startup items that really do nothing more than eat up resources. If you need help with this, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, December 13, 2007 7:55 PM