Some questions about "bcz" of umxsdra or umxsdrbrick ("x86 free build") in SDK2.0? RRS feed

• Question

•    Hi,I have something that I do not understand。When I built SDK2.0 source code,I found that there was not umxsdra or umxsdrbrick exe in the Target file. I really want to build an exe file like umxsdrbrick in the Target file. And I have checked the "dirs" file in "sora root" src. The dirs file was written like this below:

DIRS    = bb \
              util \
              kmsdr \
              umxsdr \
              dbgplot-sample \
     Samples

It means in SDK 2.0 the umxsdra or umxsdrbrick was not bulit through the WDK. I changed umxsdr \  by umxsdra\ or umxsdrbrick\   and then "bcz",but it has errors.  If I do not change the dirs file , I can build the code succesfully. But the target file does not have umxsdra or umxsdrbrick exe. So I choose checked build and cd the directory to soraroot\src\umxsdra and want to build it.It has the same error. The exe file could not  be generated. The errors were written like this below:

1>errors in directory f:\sorasdk2.0\src\umxsdra
    1>f:\sorasdk2.0\inc\brick\brick.h(116) : error C2220: warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated
    1>f:\sorasdk2.0\inc\brick\brick.h(116) : error C2220: warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated
    1>NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'F:\SoraSDK2.0\target\chk_wxp_x86\i386\dot11bbau.lib'
    1>nmake.exe /nologo BUILDMSG=Stop. -i /nologo /f c:\winddk\7600.16385.0\bin\makefile.def BUILD_PASS=PASS2 LINKONLY=1 NOPASS0=1 MAKEDIR_RELATIVE_TO_BASEDIR= failed - rc = 2

1>warnings in directory f:\sorasdk2.0\src\umxsdra
    1>f:\sorasdk2.0\inc\brick\brick.h(116) : warning C4541: 'typeid' used on polymorphic type 'IQueryable' with /GR-; unpredictable behavior may result
    1>f:\sorasdk2.0\inc\brick\brick.h(116) : warning C4541: 'typeid' used on polymorphic type 'IQueryable' with /GR-; unpredictable behavior may result

So my questions are that the umxsdra and umxsdrbrick could be built successfully or not in SDK2.0 ,If I want to build a program like umxsdrbrick or umxsdra,which development software should I use,WDK or VC2010 ?Hope to get detailed answers.Thank you.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:25 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You will find a file called 'sources', Under this directory:
    C:\SoraSDK2.0\src\umxsdrbrick

Change the line
    USER_C_FLAGS = $(USER_C_FLAGS) /TP /FAs
    to
    USER_C_FLAGS = $(USER_C_FLAGS) /TP /GR

Assuming you already added 'umxsdrbrick' to file called 'dir'. 
    Then you do 'bcz' command as usual. But it takes roughly 15 minutes to compile in my computer.

Muye  

• Edited by MUYE20 Wednesday, December 11, 2013 3:06 AM Revision
    • Marked as answer by Qi LuoEditor Friday, December 20, 2013 2:41 AM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 3:04 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You will find a file called 'sources', Under this directory:
    C:\SoraSDK2.0\src\umxsdrbrick

Change the line
    USER_C_FLAGS = $(USER_C_FLAGS) /TP /FAs
    to
    USER_C_FLAGS = $(USER_C_FLAGS) /TP /GR

Assuming you already added 'umxsdrbrick' to file called 'dir'. 
    Then you do 'bcz' command as usual. But it takes roughly 15 minutes to compile in my computer.

Muye  

• Edited by MUYE20 Wednesday, December 11, 2013 3:06 AM Revision
    • Marked as answer by Qi LuoEditor Friday, December 20, 2013 2:41 AM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 3:04 AM
  • Thank you very much,MUYE20.

I have built the umxsdrbrick and umxsdra successfullly. I used checked build and it has a fetal error and free build is OK.

By the way,what is the difference between $(USER_C_FLAGS) /TP /FAs and USER_C_FLAGS = $(USER_C_FLAGS) /TP /GR. 

I did not find the information on the Internet.  What does it mean? 

The last question is if I have written codes like umxsdr,and I am sure I need to write a sources file. I mean that the TARGETLIBS options,if the lib which I wrote in

the sources file but the codes does not need some libs in the TARGETLIBS, then the WDK will make an error or not?

Thanks again.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 9:34 AM
  • Even though I does not know the difference between FAs and GR,  I guess it has some relations with warning level.

The exe has been built succeufully. Thank you,Muye.

Friday, December 13, 2013 1:42 AM
  • Hi d,

Sorry for the inconvenience. To build the Sora SDK v2.0, the build environment of "WinDDK\7600.16385.1" is required. The previous version WinDDK is not supported.

Thanks, -Qi

• Proposed as answer by Qi LuoEditor Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:42 AM
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:42 AM
    Answerer
  • Thank you.Qi. I have found the information of FAs and GR. I have built SDK 2.0 using the method Muye had said,and the WDK version is WinDDK\7600.16385.0.Thank you very much.
    Friday, December 20, 2013 1:55 AM
  • Hi, 

I also met a similar problem when compiling the "umxsdrbrick". I added the name of this folder in the "dir" file, and didn't modified any files in it.

The difference is the OS of my Sora host PC is the version of Windows 7 64 bits.

But errors still came out like this:

I modified the "sources" file as you advised, but the problem still exists. And the compiling error changed path each time, i.e., the error was reported in a different file in each run.

Can you help? Thank you!

Friday, March 7, 2014 8:54 AM
  • All the user mode programs should be build in winxp_x86 build environment. Sorry we currently support build them in x64 build environment. You can find all the details steps to correctly build Sora samples in Readme.htm in Sora 2.0 folder.

Friday, March 7, 2014 9:01 AM
    Answerer
  • Thank you!

In the Readme.htm in Sora 2.0 folder, it says "Please note that amd64 build environment is only for the sample Miniport driver".

I don't know which build environment to choose, after I modified the code in "umxsdrbrick".

Now I build the programs in "umxsdrbrick" with the HVTest driver, in the x64 free build environment. Is that right?

I find that no error came out when I build the program in x86 free build environment after modifying the sources file in "umxsdrbrick". Is that OK?
    • Edited by xinyue Friday, March 7, 2014 1:24 PM
    Friday, March 7, 2014 12:15 PM