windows xp activation key RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have one problem that is very stupid.

I have internet cafe in Croatia,with  15 computers runing windows xp.Every copy of Windows is original ,activated...

But not so long ago,i lost one activation key from one computer(someone rip of sticker of one computer and i didn't have a backup).I thought it is not so big problem,because I have original Cd of Windows,and windows is stil activated,and I think that microsoft can verify autentication of my windowsw over the net or that I can send them original Cd of windows,but I was so wrong.I send them couple of mails explaining my situation ,but they insisted to send them receipt of buying windows.The problem is that i do't have that receipt,and that the firm in wich i bought software is closed a long time ago.

I sugested to send them my original Windows CD,the best evidence of legality,but they don't want to hear about it.

all i can do now is to buy new windows which costs about 80 euro,or to install ilegal copy of windows(peace of cake),but I dont want to do that,because i have my original version of windows and I want suport from Microsoft because i bought that software with my own money that i hard earned.

My software is legal and i can prove that with my windows Cd and instalation on my computer,and now i hope someone can give me an advice what to do now and who to speak.I don't want to give up on this.

P.S.

Sory for my english ,iI am from Croatia.

Monday, August 20, 2007 4:01 PM

All replies

• To locate your Product ID, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties. The Product ID is located under Registered to on the General tab.

I saw your post trying to solve my own problem, couldn't solve mine, but found an answer for yours! Good luck!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:22 PM