re help me resolve two issues with rdc and sql RRS feed

• Question

•  

Dear friends

i am aravind and would be very much happy to take your valuable suggestion, i have started workingas trainee this week for a technical post in networking and having difficulty resolving two issues

1. i am able to make a remote connection from server 2003 sp2 to xp sp2 but not able to establish rdc from xp to window 2003. like wise the same xp system is able to rdc in to windows 2000 sever and vice versa

but not able to connect to 2003 server by rdc. i have checked remote data access which is enabled on both client and server

2. we have sql server installed on windows 2003 sp2 and are trying to access the records from windows xp sp2 through microsoft access which i beleive to be jet database something. we receive the following error

connection failed:

sql status: '01000'

sql server error: 10061

[microsoft ][odbc sql server driver][tcp/ip sockets] connectionopen(connect()).

connection failed:

sql state: '08001'

sql server error: 17

[microsoft][odbc.sql server driver][ tcp/ip sockets] sql server doesnt exist or access denied

for this i have found the mdac installed on both client and server are respectively version xpsp-sp2-rtm and srv03-sp2-rtm

which i beleive are compatible but not sure

pleae can you help with your valuable suggestion which will give me releif as i am not able to figure out this since few days and driving me mad

thank you

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 2:17 PM