Expiration of public beta RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

Does anyone know when the public beta will expire? Or is it unlimited?

Thanks.

Andreas

Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:26 AM

Answers

• Hi AMarx,

Yes it will expire. In the EULA it states that it will expire in September of 2007.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 10:01 PM

All replies

• Hi AMarx,

Yes it will expire. In the EULA it states that it will expire in September of 2007.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 10:01 PM
  • Hi Thom.

Thanks a lot!

Andreas

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 6:50 AM
  • Where can I find this EULA? Is this from the beginning of september or from the end?

We need to be able to demonstrate OCS in september... so getting the RTC would be VERY important then..

/Thomas
    Friday, August 3, 2007 5:00 AM
  •  ThomasW wrote:
    Where can I find this EULA? Is this from the beginning of september or from the end?

We need to be able to demonstrate OCS in september... so getting the RTC would be VERY important then..

/Thomas

There is an eval version of OCS (SE and EE) and Communicator. As of today, this seems only available to TAP customers. My understanding is that the eval version will be made availalble to the general public later this month, and it will be on MSDN. You should be able to get it by September.
    Monday, August 6, 2007 9:07 AM
  • Until when can we use the pubic beta for demonstration purposes? Until the end of september of is it expering at the first of september?

/Thomas
    Monday, August 6, 2007 10:04 AM
  •  

The Trial Version can already be downloaded at the website.

Two questions on it:

1.) On the overview page it shows Schema Version Public Beta - are there no differences?

2.) I could not find any information regarding an upgrade path from Public Beta - any ideas?

bg

Alex

Thursday, August 9, 2007 3:33 PM
  •  

What about upgrading from the trial to the SA version, will it just require a key for licensing or a reinstall?

Thanks,

JWissing

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 7:39 PM
  • Tuesday, August 14, 2007 8:42 PM
  • Public beta is expiring in september. You have 15 days to replace the software by a new installation.

I can find the following in my event logs:

"The service will expire in 15 days. Obtain the released version of this product and upgrade to the non-evaluation version by running setup.exe"

/Thomas

Saturday, September 1, 2007 6:46 AM